- Stuart Foster, CEO, Recoup
- Representative, Resources, Waste and Plastics Strategy Team, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Nick Cliffe, Interim Deputy Director - Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge, Innovate UK
- Lee Marshall, CEO, LARAC
- Julian Kirby, Plastics Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
- James Close, Head of the Circular Economy Programme, London Waste and Recycling Board
- Dr. Adam Read, External Affairs Director, SUEZ Recycling & Recovery UK
- Dr David Greenfield, European External Affairs Spokesperson, The Circular Economy Club
- Dr Graeme Cruickshank, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, CPI
- Jeff Rhodes, Head of Environment & External Affairs, BIFFA
- Trewin Restorick, CEO, Hubbub
- Diana Sterck, CEO, Sustainable Merton and Merton’s Network of Community Champions
- Rachel Yates, Plastic Free Communities Project Officer, Surfers Against Sewage
- Jackie Young, Environment Plymouth and the Plastic Free Plymouth Campaign, Plymouth Council
The government has recently declared a climate emergency,
setting out ambitions to reduce carbon emissions by 80%,
as advised by the Committee on Climate Change,
meaning it has never been more essential to tackle the unavoidable issue of plastic waste.
In the 25 Year Environment Plan,
pledging to leave the environment in a better condition for the next generation, the UK has committed itself to eliminating all avoidable plastic waste by 2042. The ban on single use plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds by April 2020,
aims to support this and move society away from the inefficient ‘linear’ economic model and toward a more circular economy.
will be delivering a keynote on exploring future waste policy
and changes to producer responsibilities
in reducing single-use plastic.
Hear how Sustainable Merton’s #PlasticFreeMerton campaign
is influencing local businesses and public consciousness to reduce their impact on the environment and create a more sustainable community now, and for future generations.
Join your peers to learn practical solutions to manage plastic waste and explore how public-private collaborations
are working together in innovative ways to reduce single-use plastic encourage smart, circular, communities.